Monday, April 12, 2010

Estancia de Boca Cuban Style

Tonight we went to a pretty fancy and happenin restaurant to eat dinner, Estancia de Boca. We teach English at this particular restaurant so the waiters treat us very well when we come to eat. It’s fun to have some good connections here in Veracruz.

Tonight we kicked back and relaxed while listening to some live Cuban music. We of course had to take a picture with the band.

IMG_3870

These guys really know how to play. While we there we also got an unexpected extra show. It’s a little hard to see because of the darkness. I hope you enjoy it!



Look at that little guy dance! He really knows his Salsa! I find it rather funny that he is like 5 and dances better than I probably ever will. That is one of the big differences that I have seen in the culture here. The people here learn how to dance from a very young age and everyone knows how. And when I say dance I mean dance, nothing like most of the dancing you see the youth doing in the States now-a-days.

The infamous “Mini Michael Jackson” as they call him here at Estancia. (Or Luis as his parents call him)

IMG_3871

















I’ve picked up a little Salsa dancing myself. I REALLY like it! The other night I went out with some friends and literally danced the night away until the morning hours of 5-6.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! You will have to show us your moves when you come and visit. By the way, the shave and tan are doing good things for you.

    ReplyDelete