Monday, February 15, 2010

Roca Partida 3

Upon arriving back at the main beach we grabbed some sweet boogie boards and played in the waves. These were no ordinary boogie boards. These were boogie boards made for a purpose- to boogie! Nothing like the cheap little boogie that I bought when I first got here. It was incredible when I caught the wave just right and was taken all the way to the beach. What a rush! I can only imagine what it would be like to surf! I’d be worried that I would catch the addiction. So here you are… a couple of white boys with their boogies.

IMG_3201

After a good time just us and the waves, we were called to a little table where we found a very pleasant sight.

IMG_3205

These were the biggest shrimps that I personally have ever seen in real life! They were amazing! We dug in with our hands and peeled them as we ate. With just a touch of lime I felt as if I had entered into a different realm not far from heaven. What a life! A day in paradise. This is the life that one could only dream of. I thought things couldn’t get better until they brought out this plate of fish. Some of the best fish I’ve ever eaten.


IMG_3206

So after some more eating goodness we wrapped things up, changed our clothes, and got in the car for the ride home. We made one more little side trip to a private lake where they raise fish. We got there at just the right time to take some beautiful pictures and enjoy the view.

IMG_3219

One more…

IMG_3221

If you look carefully near the bottom left corner of the above picture you can see the rings that they keep the fish in while they are growing large. Then they sell them, cook them, and put them on a plate for our taste buds’ leisure. We jumped back in the car for a trip and my body decided to take a nap. I was awaken by my friend Abril telling me we had arrived at the restaurant for our evening meal. Yep, one more seafood plate to blow one’s mind (shrimp, fish, squid, and crab all on one plate). AMAZING!

IMG_3224

Well folks I think this wraps up my trip to Roca Partida. We came home well rested, well fed, and well entertained. I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful day. This is Shawn… signing off for the evening and looking forward to more adventures (Which I have plenty more to write about!)

IMG_3227

No comments:

Post a Comment