Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Unexpected Company

Checka Checka! The night that we got back from Roca Partida was the night we had an unexpected but very pleasant little guest come to visit our apartment. I was making some luggage adjustments when out he came. He was crawling upside down on the ceiling! Wow, I wish I could do that.

IMG_3228

This is my gecko friend, Lex. Get this! He’s actually the cousin of the geicko gecko! Unbelievable! I felt like I was in the presence of a celebrity.

IMG_3230

Can you see him up there? Up above my luggage? Tiny little guy! As much fun as it was to talk with him for a couple of minutes I eventually had to see him to the door. He overstayed his welcome and I needed to get some sleep.

IMG_3231 

Hard to see him there but he is almost directly in the palm of my hand. All of my boy scout skills came in handy to catch him. After the chase I took him out to a nice little elementary school playground to play with the children in the morning. I figured they could have fun together!

2 comments:

  1. You should have kept little Lex. He is cute! My friend in Hawaii has geckos come in the apartment all the time. She has given up shooing them out because they just come back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tell me here that both geckos and cats are welcome house guests. The cats keep out the rodents and other creatures while the geckos help with pest control. Interesting thought...

    ReplyDelete