Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Roca Partida

So what a day! Last Saturday was one of those days that you could rarely find in your dreams. I took a step from my real every day life and I feel like I stepped into paradise. I guess I will just have to tell you about it. I’ve decided to tell you the story through pictures. I remember before I came here my wonderful sister-in-law, Katie, told me the secret to a good blog… Quick entries are sometimes the best and lots of pictures. Today won’t be a quick entry but I’m going for lots of pictures.

IMG_3215

This story starts two days ago. I was all by my lonesome in the classroom where we teach English. Janet (The woman in the picture above) walks in and says, “Alex would like to invite you and Camm to come with us on Saturday to Roca Partida!” Alex is Janet’s husband and the man on the left in the picture above. I had no clue where or what she was talking about but I understood we were being invited to go somewhere special by the way that she invited me. You know when someone gets that look of excitement in their eye? Yeah, Janet had it. I’ve also gotten to know her really well while I’ve been here (She’s my other boss) and I could just sense the anticipation. That’s the beginning of the story. Now to tell you about Roca Partida!

IMG_3210

The drive out to Roca Partida was gorgeous! Green green green! Rolling hills just like the ones behind me in the picture above but even better! We drove for about two hours before arriving at the beach of ROCA PARTIDA.

IMG_3213

As you can see on the map above it’s pretty much amazing. Alright, you might not believe me based on one big map but I’ll tell you what goes down at Roca Partida right now. I’ll refer to this map often, so pull it up in a second window or something.

We start our journey off at that beach on the upper left corner of the map. There are these massive birds flying around and I’m just like mesmerized by them as we helped the sailor guys get the boat out from the beach and into the water. Alex leans over and says, “Just wait until we get to the island. You’ll see tons more birds.” Then I took this picture out of excitement.

IMG_3135

So we get in this boat and start riding out into the Gulf of Mexico. Look how excited everyone is!


IMG_3136
IMG_3137

One guy was in the back of the boat steering with the motor and another guy was in the front of the boat watching for danger. I’m positive that the guy from the back of the boat was the servant guy from the movie The Count of Monte Cristo.

IMG_3138
IMG_3176

So here we are just cruising along in this little motor boat and we enter into the world of pirates! My dream came true! I’ve always wanted to be a pirate and go searching for exotic treasures in caves and stuff. I even let out a growl and an Argh while in the cave.

IMG_3148
IMG_3152

So you can keep following our trail on the map if you so choose. We take a straight line course from the pirate cave to THE ISLAND OF THE BIRDS!!!! DUN DUN DUN! But before we get to the island you need to enjoy the scenery along the way.

IMG_3161

And now for the ISLAND OF THE BIRDS! DUN DUN DUN! I honestly felt like we were entering into an ancient dinosaur world. We were approaching the teradactyle nesting grounds! I had to keep my guard up because at any moment I could have been carried away and ripped to pieces for teradactyle kiddie snacks. Ok, maybe I’m getting a little carried away but it was pretty awesome.

IMG_3164 

Can’t you see the terror on my face?

IMG_3172

What will happen next in the adventure of Shawn at Roca Partida? Will he be eaten by Sharks? Will he drown in the depths of the sea? Or will he be attacked by wild savages and heroically survive? Well, you’ll just have to wait for the next entry to find out because I’m tired and this entry is getting long.

TO BE CONTINUED…

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Fun times! And nice post, not that I am an expert. I think it is funny that your excited face and your terrified face are so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Thanks for reading my posts all the time Katie! Very ironic that just before I read your post I was thinking the very same thing about my faces. What do you think? Should I get that checked out when I get home? Maybe I should show a doctor or something?

    ReplyDelete